Tuesday, May 3, 2011

May as well.

Snow's gone (again). Sun's back. It's May Day in these parts. Let the grueling writing schedule begin!

This is my sixth year taking part in the blog-based poetry project spearheaded by Ariel Gordon. Three days in and I'm already tired, struggling to find subjects to write about, and wriggling under self-applied pressure. All that said, it's always a great, productive time. Everyone working away diligently on their own projects and connecting online to share fresh work, perspectives, feedback. We've a healthy group of 16 poets this year and I'm already inspired by what I've seen.

Although I have, a few times, completed 31 poems during May Days past, due to some mid-month travel, that won't happen this year. But, I'm using May Day 2011 to dive into my newest project: this guy.


Edouard Beaupre, giant of Willow Bunch, Saskatchewan. More on him to come. Much more, hopefully.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kerry, I am excited about this!! Edouard is a relative/ancestor of mine. i have researched him a bit myself. Inspiration fairies to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah.. so this is our fair May-Day giant..I remember seeing this photo.

    ReplyDelete